October 26, 2011

Healthy Skin How-to



We hear a lot of women complaining about uneven, dull-looking skin. That’s why we’ve come up with a list of our personal top tips for revealing your natural radiance!

1.) Exfoliate weekly, cleanse daily. Exfoliating removes the build-up of dead skin cells that accumulate on your face - the culprit of lack-luster skin. Making sure to exfoliate one to two times every week will brighten your skin's appearance. (The Sigma Cleansing and Polishing Tool is just what you need!) Apart from exfoliation, cleansing each day is important to remove makeup and your face’s daily accumulation of bacteria, sweat, dirt and oil.


2.) Tone. A toner removes the excess oil and bacteria that your cleanser might have left behind. A toner can also help to restore the skin’s natural pH balance and are especially helpful for those with oily skin. A splash of cold water can be used in addition to toner to aid in shrinking the appearance of pores.

3.) Moisturize. Moisturizing makes the skin appear soft, supple and hydrated. It can also temporarily eliminate the appearance of fine lines, which ensures a smooth surface prior to applying foundation.

4.) Protect. Dark spots and lines are a direct result of sun exposure. Making sure to use SPF daily, staying out of the sun as much as possible, and wearing protective sunglasses are some of the smartest things you can do for your skin. Start now and your youthful looking self will thank you many years down the road!

5.) Hydrate. Drink 8-10 glasses of water every day to flush out toxins. Without proper hydration, skin can become dry and flaky, resulting in a lack of resilience and an overall dull appearance. Need we say more? - Drink up!

So there you have it – our top tips for achieving healthy skin! Following these tips on a regular basis will not only have your skin looking its best, but will also provide a proper base for flawless makeup application.  

Aside from these five key tips, we also advise cutting back on alcohol and caffeine, and never smoke! But of course you already knew that, right? ;)

Do you have any healthy skin suggestions of your own that we didn’t mention? We’d love to know!

 © 2011 Sigma Enterprises, LLC 

19 comments:

  1. The only thing I need is one of the Sigmas must have cleansing and poliching tool.. Hope the day will come soon:=) Then I will have all in place to look after my beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Useful post! A natural ''secret'' that I have is that instead of a toner I use chamomile. My dermatologist suggested me to do so, when I had a breakout during my pregnancy and he didn't allow me to use strong cleansers,toners and creams(like the ones they suggest for acne problems).
    Since then twice a day, after cleansing my face, I apply chamomile with a cotton ball. It hydrates, cleans and keeps my skin healthy!
    Plus, no harmful ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone!
    This is a very useful post! Is is so important to know how to maintain your skin healthy. One of my "secrets" to keep my skin fresh and healthy is my mask with honey and lemon. I aplly this mask all over my clean face and after 20 minutes my face is all radiant and fresh, plus I keep those awful pimples away. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips Korina and Raluca! Thanks so much for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honey and lemon???Never tried it!! Ι think I am going to borrow your tip, Raluca!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Advices!!!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Greets,
    Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post and great advice! :)

    -
    Katherine
    Handmade Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips! Such a helpful post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for reading, Jeneille and Katherine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great share! Loving all the pointers and tips given. Keep it up and more power to Sigma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! We're glad you liked this post! :)

      Delete
  11. how can i buy sigma brushes?? im from phil..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigma Beauty products are sold exclusively online and we ship everywhere in the world.

      Delete
  12. I'm doing all you mention but still I have uneven, dull-looking skin plus pimples! :(

    ReplyDelete